Bear New Zealand Week wraps up for another year.
Thanks to everyone who attended over the week. We hope you all had a fantastic time.
A big thank you to the following sponsors for giving generously to our cause. This year we had an enormous amount of support and therefore, prizes to give away to our Mr Bear contestants and Bear week participants at events.
• Mark from Auckland Physio.
• Gabriel from Centurian
• Dave Stoddard from Grey Lynn Tire Worx
• The Cartier Trust
• Martin from Auckland Gay B and B
• Calab from Vinnies
• Johnny from We Treat
• Neil and Stuart from Basement
• Verity and Lisa from Garnett Station
• Jody from Bearskin Underwear
• Nick and Nick from Caluzzi
• Harbour City Bears
• Gaystay NZ
• Haka Hotels
• Gavin from lika ADVICE
Also, thanks to the following people for making the events happen
• Brian and Grant for hosting the opening BBQ
• Our Drag Divas, Caluzzi and the team, and Cocos Cantina, and drag Race hosts, Paul Heard and Maihi, for making Drag Wednesday so much fun
• Neil Thornton for organising the comedy night and helping with Mr Bear NZ, along with Papa Bear, Paul Heard and the bear wranglers, Gary, Grant, and Alan
• The Dogs Bollix for their continued support with venues
• Our Mr Bear Judges, Will, Morro, and Scott, and contestants, Jamie, Winner Gary, Shai, and Torrance
• Urge Events and DJs, Scott Anderson, Everett Wayne, and Donald Bennett, for an amazing Tri-Nations dance party
• Also thanks to Paul Ryan for organising the informal Friday out of towners BBQ.
Finally, a big thank you to our Bear Cabal for putting the events together and doing all the hard work behind the scenes to make everything come together, I’ve had lots of feedback from participants acknowledging all the work that goes into putting on these events.
See you next year